Saturday, February 20, 2010

Words

Mitch's vocab has blown up in the past few months. Since I am terrible in keeping up with his little baby book, I wanted to jot down a few of the great words and phrases that I hear daily.

His first words were ball, dog (doe-awg), uh-oh (at-oh), hi, bye. Those I heard last spring and early summer.

Since then we've heard apple, cookie (spoken in a low sinister voice), juice, chair, frog (rut rut then fwra), bear, cars, Apple Jacks, pizza, color, Elmo, snow (knowing), night night, and of course Mommy and Daddy. He had been saying mommy for a little while this past fall but chose Christmas morning to call for me from his crib. Since I have been laid off, I now hear "mommy home."

He also will now call for the dog, Jules. "Juuuuueeeessss" sounds more like Jews. We went through all the colors and then some the other day and he is repeating everything...pointing at everything...I finally came to understand that "a bears" is code for help or distress.

It is so fun to experience everything through him.

No comments: