Monday, May 21, 2012

2012 Summer Olympics: Eye on Gymnastics and Nastia Liukin

How excited am I for the Olympics?  I love my Phillie Carlos Ruiz but nothing quite compares to the rawness that is an amateur (if you can really call an Olympian that?) vying for gold.  For as long as I can remember, I've watched both summer and winter Olympics with summer being my favorite - the gymnasts, the runners, the swimmers and divers.  I never considered myself overly patriotic either.  That is until I'd find myself standing and screaming at the TV, biting my nails in anticipation, scared some athlete who has given up her life for this sport might slip on the beam at any given moment, hollering, "Come ON!" for Team USA.  Four years ago  I watched with an infant son and I am excited to introduce him to this 8 week long TV ritual.

I am routing for this amazing gal - who I loved watching in 2008 - and I am hoping makes it to London this summer.  A gorgeous young woman who is strong and athletic.  I'm just a tad obsessed with how can do these amazing things with her body.  Go Nastia Liukin.

 


No comments: