Sunday, March 26, 2006

You Know Too Much

For some reason the other night, I recalled a dinner shared with old co-workers about two years ago. We were sitting around a table in a small intimate Moroccan restaurant on the Upper West Side of NYC before seeing a show at the Lincoln Center. I don't know now what we were all talking about and what it was exactly I said, but he turned to me and said very matter of factly, "You know, you can be so tough at times and at other times, so completely vulnerable." I just sat there. Stunned. To this day, I don't know what irks me more - that this person actually figured me out and whatever mystery or allure I had was gone or that this person had the balls to say it to me. Which is totally something I would do!

I still remember it. I was speechless. I don't know what I did. I bet my face turned a million shades of red. Today's Storyperson hit the nail on the head:

Know Too Much
I have to hate you, she said. You know too much about me to be trusted.

No comments: