Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Sometimes I get kicked right back to a place - an emotional place - that I thought I'd squashed and moved passed.  Sometimes it's that same person who does it.  Sometimes the 180 I do leaves my head spinning.

Today is the first day of Lent and my promise to myself is to do my best to get out of my own head and past old demons and insecurities that have reared their ugly heads in recent weeks due to the business' struggles and my innate desires to prove myself - to myself and others. 

Maybe in 40 days I won't feel so unsupported...so hard on myself...so embarrassed...so young.  Not letting certain things affect me takes major effort especially when I work so hard to change past images and perceptions and I want so badly to be seen as an ace.  I don't know how I'm getting to that mental place.

No comments: